Hapless knight seeks fearless princess in one-touch platform puzzler Epic Eric
London, UK. 4 June 2015 – The plight of the knight goes full flight as independent game developer 232 Studios today launched physics-based platform puzzler Epic Eric on Google Play. Designed and developed solely by indie developer Neil Glenister, players assume the role of either Eric the Knight or – in a twist on the traditional fairytale genre – Princess Erica. Players must swing, flip and bounce their way to victory across 60 distinct levels. To heighten awareness of the fate of hapless Knight Eric, a special website and a dedicated song has been launched at www.savetheknight.com.
Epic Eric’s story features Eric as the luckless knight who’s continuously captured by his rival – the outcasted Black Knight. Jealous of Eric’s ‘epicness,’ and his relationship with the ravishing Princess Erica, the Black Knight challenges players across a series of increasingly difficult levels and worlds in order to determine the one true master of the sword. Players must collect over 100 stars and master a wide range of items and mechanisms scattered throughout each of the game’s 4 unique worlds.
Epic Eric also features a wide variety quirky achievement challenges, such as the Top Gun ‘Maverick’ award for flying over Eric’s tower of captivity whilst upside-down, and the ‘Show Off’ award for surviving a fall.
● Play as Eric the Knight or Princess Erica in a twist on the traditional fairytale genre
● Play single handed while crammed on a train with it’s super simple one-tap mechanic
● Accessibility features including a menu to adjust background contract for players with vision impairments, high contrast graphics and one-touch gameplay
● Intuitive physics-based gameplay challenges players precision and timing
● Swing, flip, bump and bounce across 60 levels and 4 unique worlds
● Discover a range of in level mechanics, from tricky cogs to fast paced ziplines
● Complete over 20 challenges for humorous achievements
● Translated into Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
● No annoying IAP’s!
Epic Eric is available as a premium app for $0.99/£0.79/€1.25 on the Google Play store at:
Watch the gameplay video online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiW4Mdj4Jn4
Note to editors
Media assets, including screenshots and trailer, are available at:
More info about the game is available at:
About 232 Studios Ltd
232 Studios has had a successful history with client work, but Epic Eric is their first foray into self-publishing and developing their own IP. Neil Glenister (@232studios), MD of 232 Studios, has been the sole designer and developer behind Epic Eric, a project that has been two years in the making and self funded through work for hire.
For a free game build and more information please contact:
Theo Tsangaris – Big Ideas Machine
+44 (0) 203 291 3542